6.19.2008

The Drive Home

The drive home was horrendous, i couldn't tell you how i managed. We had to leave Bend Monday night at 10pm,drive threw the night to be in Malad ID (13 miles north of the Utah border) by 9:15am for court. And of course i had to do all the driving because my lovely husband has a suspended licence. As my baby slept so peacefully and Chris snored the night away, i found myself dozing off...So, i decided i needed an energy drink of some sort, so i stopped at the next gas station and decided to buy one of those 5 hour energy shots. It was the weirdest experience ever. I've drunk energy drinks by the gallons in my college days but nothing has ever affected me like this shot of energy. within a minute of drinking it i could instantly feel my eyes open big, and the energy entering my system. But then i began to burn up, my skin turned florescent red and began to burn. my body compensated by sweating... so lovely. this lasted about 20 minutes then it went away. So did it work you ask? of course it did, for 20 minutes of torture. We made it to Malad, went to court, stopped at Jack in the Box, then powered it all the way home to bozeman...

I decided to crown my self Driving Diva, due to my ability to drive with lack of sleep threw the night, morning, and late afternoon on no sleep, and really lame CDs.
I tried to focus on the beautiful scenery threw Idaho and Montana.
17 miles to go and i spotted the lovely weather ahead, a beautiful rain storm. (notice the dark storm clouds). I suppose coming home to a rain storm is much better than a snow storm.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

McKenna said...

haha you are so cute! I am glad you made it home alive...now I feel really guilty that I never called you back when you called me driving....you and your driving habits scare the ish out of me!

Megan said...

haha i love you mckenna

Diane Elizabeth said...

driving diva! i love that :) love the blog, and the pics! i'm gonna be checking it often!

Megan said...

Diane!!! im so glad you commented! you should keep a blog so i can stay current with you!

Princesska said...

I love that picture of you! And...I am also feeling guilty for recommending the five hour energy shot. It worked for me! That's the only way I got through my first couple overnight shifts!!! I've stopped drinking those and now I allow myself one red bull for each over-nighter (so two a week).