6.05.2008

Eight Months


It's been eight months today, since i lost my sister. The anxiety from the mark of this day is starting to relieve, and i thought i would write my feelings down, for the first time. You know threw this whole experience i have fighted the urges to regret. I dont want to regret because i dont want to have to deal with that pain for the rest of my life. But i find myself miserable from the regret i feel about mine and michelles relationship before she got sick. I regret that our real sister bonding had to happen in the hospital. It tears my heart apart when i think about how many times i could have done more for our relationship growing up. And now i sit here alone at my computer thinking about the best friend i could have had. I think about what we would be doing right now, if she were still here. She would be graduating from high school next week and i know planning on going to school in the fall. She would probably come up to montana and stay with us for a good portion of the summer to be with the baby and i. I complain all the time about not having friends, i just want one friend who will walk with me or go to the gym with me or scrapbook with me or simply hang out with me. I would have had that friend. The anxiety is so immense my inside tighten up threw my neck making me incapable of swallowing. My heart physically aches in such an unbearable pain, i rely on that inner peace i know she put there to relieve the reality of what has happened. I miss her. but i know she's around. On a regular occurance I'll walk in on the baby laying on our bed by himslef laughing and playing with someone that i dont see. shes there. I just wish she was with me like that. I cant beieve it's been eight months, the number is so insignificat, it just that it's time. Time i could have had with her.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Megan, you were an amazing sister to Michelle. You served and loved her till the end. TRy not to beat yourself up for things you wish you had said or hadn't said before she was sick. You were just a kid, really and Michelle tried regularly to get your goat. I was always impressed with how patient you were with her. I know it completely sucks that she's gone but through her illness you were able to show more love to her than I have ever shown to my sisters. She knows how much you love her. She wants you to feel peace and happiness when you think of her. Your relationship with her isn't over either. It's eternal.

Princesska said...

My Meggie-pie... I'm so glad you wrote these feelings down. Kathy is right, you were an amazing sister to Michelle. Michelle looked up to you more than any other sister/sister relationship I have ever met.
Kids are supposed to fight. Older siblings are supposed to pick on their younger siblings...and younger siblings are supposed to test their older siblings. It's how the world works, and Michelle knows that (she tested you as much as she could, of course she knows that!).
Even if Michelle hadn't gotten sick... your relationship would have started to grow around the same time because both of you were growing up. Michelle knows the eternal and unconditional love you have for her. She has always known. Even when you guys were growing up together... and you two played the regular sibling roles ... she knew. She's always known how much you loved her... that's why she loves you so much.
I love you Megan! I love you an actual billion!

Marianne said...

Hey bananas... i love you:)

perdue family said...

Megs: I love you more than life itself. I wish we lived closer cause it's my dream to hang out with everyday. I hope that one day we do live closer so we can be mommies together and hang out all day and change diapers together.